Skip to Main Content

Special Occasion Permits

Have a special event coming up? Look here to find the permit that best suits your needs.

SLGA’s Special Occasion Permit Manual was updated on April 2, 2024 to reflect recent changes to Saskatchewan’s liquor regulations. The changes include allowing homemade beer and wine to be served at family events, removing the requirement for craft manufacturers to obtain a SOP when providing samples at Farmer’s Markets and updates to SLGA policies regarding beverage alcohol at trade shows. 

The updated Special Occasion Permit Manual can be viewed online.

  • SOP General Info and FAQ

    Thinking of applying for a special occasion permit? Find tips for applicants, frequently asked questions and more.
  • Sale Permit

    Are you holding an event where there is a direct or indirect charge for beverage alcohol? If so, a sale permit may be right for you.
  • Non-Sale Permit

    Thinking of holding an event where alcohol is being served, but not sold? Learn more about a non-sale permit here.
  • Cost Recovery Permit

    Planning a private family celebration can be expensive. Find out more about our cost recovery permits here.
  • Annual Permit

    Does your organization hold regular meetings at the same time and location? An annual permit might be right for you.