Types of Raffles
A raffle is a type of charitable gaming in which entrants purchase a random chance to win a prize. There are many types of raffles, including standard draws, calendar draws, 50-50 draws, chase the ace, honey pot, sports drafts and pools, derbies and more. Learn more about draw types.
Before You Apply
You may be required to provide supporting documents describing the nature, purpose and structure of your organization. You will also be asked to provide information about your raffle, including:
For all raffles:
- Prize value and description(s);
- Ticket sales dates and prices;
- Draw date(s) and location;
- How the winner(s) will be determined.
For raffles with a prize value greater than $2500:
- Projected revenues and expenses;
- Price quotes for all merchandise prizes;
- Complete rules of play for the lottery;
- A copy of your draft ticket;
- A copy of all advertising (including internet).
Fees may apply depending on the type of licence required. Payment can be made by credit card near the end of the online application process.
To apply for your raffle licence sign in or create an account (it only takes a minute). You may apply for your raffle licence in advance. If your raffle has a retail prize value in excess of $2500 please allow up to 15 business days to process your application.
To complete a financial report, or make an addendum to your existing licence please sign in to your account.