Skip to Main Content

Gaming Employee Registration

Gaming Employee Registration

SLGA’s Registration Program is responsible for registering all gaming employees in the province of Saskatchewan. Everyone who works as a gaming employee in Saskatchewan must have a valid Certificate of Registration issued from SLGA. You must have an offer of employment as a gaming employee before you can apply for a Certificate of Registration.

Under the authority of The Alcohol and Gaming Regulation Act, 1997 the Registration Program plays a vital role in maintaining the integrity of the gaming industry. Through the good character criteria that have been established, SLGA must be satisfied that an individual possesses the honesty and integrity required of a gaming employee.

SLGA is required under The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act to protect the confidentiality of the information in its possession and control and to use the information only for the purpose for which it was collected.

Other Gaming Registration Forms 

Gaming Employee Application
Use this form to apply for a gaming employee certificate of registration if you are seeking employment at a bingo hall, bingo association, the Western Canada Lottery Corporation (WCLC) Saskatchewan office or by a charitable gaming licencee. Renew your Registration

Gaming Director Application
Use this form to apply for a gaming director certificate of registration if you have been nominated to the Saskatchewan Gaming Corporation or Saskatchewan Indian Gaming Authority Board of Directors. Renew your Registration.

Gaming Regulator Application
Use this form to apply for a gaming regulator certificate of registration if you will be employed in a designated gaming position at SLGA or a First Nation Gaming Licensing Authority. Renew your Registration.

Frequently Asked Questions

What is a Gaming Employee?

A Gaming Employee is a person employed in a gaming-related capacity by a charitable gaming licensee, a gaming supplier, a casino, a bingo hall or bingo association, an exhibition casino operator, or Western Canada Lottery Corporation (WCLC) Saskatchewan office. Casino board members, key management employees and key persons designated by SLGA must also register as gaming employees. A person who works strictly as a volunteer and is not paid does not need to be registered.

Why do I need to be registered by SLGA?

Government legislation requires that all gaming employees be registered by SLGA. To qualify for registration as a Gaming Employee, you must satisfy SLGA that you possess good character and have suitable training and experience. When determining good character, SLGA will review all aspects of your personal, financial and criminal history while ensuring personal and private information is protected. In all cases, your potential employer must also certify that you will be provided with training that is necessary to do the job for which you are being hired.

How do I become a Registered Gaming Employee?

You cannot apply directly to SLGA for registration. You must first apply to a gaming establishment (casino, bingo hall, etc.) for work. If they decide to hire you, your employer will provide you with an application and will then forward the completed application to SLGA. If you meet the criteria for registration, your application will be approved.

Certificates of Registration are good for up to three years unless an earlier date is stated on the Certificate. In most cases, the employer will be billed for the registration fees. It is up to the employer if they choose to recoup those fees from the employee.